Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Garden Fresh Harvest

I just can't keep up with the wonderful harvests waiting to be gathered in the garden - I try to plan all our meals around what is in season in our garden.  I have been 'home' for 10 months now, and it seems as if there has been an explosion of abundance in the garden, even though some of my seedlings are still very small.  I think that I must have missed the joy of this abundance last year, having been heavily involved in my music teaching post.
Spinach, Leeks, Strawberries and Mulberries!

 I couldn't resist sharing a photo or two - last night's dinner was spinach, leek and feta quiche, and tonight's dinner was vegetable soup.  The berries were put through the juicer - oh, wow!  An instant recharge!  What is great is that I know that no chemicals have been added to my land for the past 8 years at least.  Everything is flourishing organically, and I am constantly learning about the wonders of companion planting with herbs and vegetables.  So much to learn, so little time....!

No comments:

Post a Comment