Monday, February 28, 2011

Beautiful Bunches

What is it about a massed bunch of fragrant lavender that is just so beautiful?  Is it the brilliant hue of purple?  Maybe the hint of nostalgia?  The memory of a favourite aunt or gran who smelled of its fragrance?

I bunched French Lavandula Dentata - 300 stems - all cut by hand, then stripped and layered stem by stem evenly, secured by an elastic band and then cut and twisted the stems.  The result obtained, after a morning's solid work, remains immensely rewarding.  This is just PERFECT with some pretty ribbon added for a lavender wedding as a table decoration, or even as part of a bride's bouquet.

  Thank you, Lord, for blessing my morning with such beauty found in such simplicity.

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful.
    I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete