Monday, September 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home ...


Spring is in the air and summer is a-comin' in!!  What a beautiful warm day!  I was up early sorting out the kitchen as we had had a 13 hour power cut yesterday, and it was way too dark to wash dishes.  Apart from the inconvenience, I secretly enjoy a power cut - it is a period of enforced rest, a time to get back to the old way of doing things.  We are lucky enough to have a lovely gas stove, and so cooking was not a problem.  We ate dinner by candlelight, and then my Hunk and my son played a game or three of 'Battleships' while I tried to teach myself how to crochet squares.  By the time we were ready for bed, most of the electricity supply to the greater area had been reconnected, but our road remained dark.  All we heard was the sound of the owls, and the occasional dog bark.  No hum from the freezer, or fridge, or farm radio - all was quiet...

The day was filled with baking bread (4 loaves), making homemade lemonade, transplanting seedlings into gro-bags, collecting eggs, watering new seedlings, fertilizing lavender with homemade organic fertilizer tea (thanks to Rodney Rooster and his wives...!), planting my lemon verbena plant, planting pansies and petunias into our entrance window boxes and making plans for our home business to be.  I have always wanted to work from home, and we are taking a step in faith for next year, trusting God for a new season.  There have been many doubts, but I have decided to look forward and not back - I am a part of God's plan, but His mighty plan does not revolve around me!

The best part of my day was spent walking with my dear husband - I have come to enjoy this time as a special time alone.  Thank you, Lord, for your goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment