Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Faith is a seed planted

Mary Cat is snuggled on my lap, contentedly purring, Hunk is writing music, the smell of Boston Brownies and sourdough bread baking in the oven is wafting through the house as I write this.

I am physically tired, but content.  I have spent a day one step closer to a simpler lifestyle, one step closer to self-sufficiency. I began the morning making homemade Lavender Lemonade, and doing simple chores.  By 09h00 I was in the top lavender field, cutting lavender and by 10h30, after a most welcome cup of tea, my lady helper and I were stripping the leaves and binding the lavender into little bunches for drying - 1200+ stems later we had the lavender bunches arranged on the ingenious drying rack that my dear husband had made especially for this.  So pretty! 

Then it was into the nursery to take cuttings of new lavenders and rosemary for propagation.  I planted petunias, chives and oreganum in seed trays and marvelled at the minute seeds.  If ever anyone asks me what faith is, I will be sure to answer - "planting a seed".  Why?  Because it is inconceivable and illogical to believe that a beautiful flower like a Petunia can actually grow from a minute black speck of a seed...and yet it does!  How great is our God, how awesome His design.

No comments:

Post a Comment